for coming to Crossroads 2012!

Depending on your nationality a visa may be required to stay in France. In this case you need to apply to the French consulate in your country: addresses can be found on the French Ministry for Foreign Affairs website. For a stay that lasts 3 months or less (whether it is for a touristic or an academic purpose) you must fill an application form for “short-stay”.

This short-stay visa is also called “visa Schengen” referring to the Schengen area. Once you have this visa, you can freely travel in any country that has implemented the Schengen agreement. Those countries are the followings: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

  • Citizens from European Union countries only need a current valid identity card.
  • Citizens from other countries need a valid passport and, for certain countries, a visa.
  • Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Taiwan. Holders of passports from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China do not need a visa either.